Monday, February 21, 2011

One for me, One for her


As I close my eyes,
I see a face.
A face smiling,
A face radiating a glow, never found elsewhere.
And I just feel like to embrace that smile,
I just feel like to dissolve myself  into that glow.
It’s like living a life of my dreams,
If it was the only means to have the awesome pleasure
I dare not open my eyes ever.
But then…
Apart from this illusion,
There awaits a life..
A life that’s real,
A life that’s bitter.
A life that calls for duty,
A life that deprives me of that illusionary opportunity..
If I could by anymeans, just blend the two,
And could meet the both,
Live the both,
One for me,
Other for her
Such an Irony..
The one for me , deprives me of the pleasure of future.
The one for her, demands sacrifice of the present.

18 comments:

  1. nice poetry. a good attempt. your pain travels across.
    but in spite of that feeling, try and live the present moment than dream about something else. just an advice. take it or leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this had some really nice lines .. loved the following a lot :



    But then…
    Apart from this illusion,
    There awaits a life..
    A life that’s real,
    A life that’s bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @bhavya10 yeah had d word with you on twitter an like I said yeah u r right in a way and..

    " I cant predict the future,
    I cant relive my past,
    All i have is my present,
    Let me live it as my last"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ladynimue Thanks for the appreciation, and I seriously after writing once went through once again ( and I had u in mind, i mean ur tip) just to ensure any how there wasnt any SMS lingo left over.. :)

    God bless thee all .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work... good use of words...

    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kya baat hai Dude, jabbar poem. How is the progress of book ???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankoo hai ji :) and For now dropped the idea of getting the book published.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intriguing to see that the writer wants to mix both the world but still the poem somehow dominates of how he misses "her" pretty badly..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you :) Well nice observation Kumar bhai :)

    God Bless Thee :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the one for you loves the one for her.... so be harmonious to either of them the one for you and the one for her....nice....

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are an amazing writer. Love the way you can pen down your feelings so explicitly. wonderful poem... some lines are really touching.
    Keep writing (unlike me... )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Rinal, for that appreciation tidily wrapped up with kind words. they really mean a lot.

    May the sun be on your face and the wind at your back as the Lord blesses you throughout the day. Carpe diem!

    And yeah, frequency of my writing i see, is in a way, somehow, inspired by yours

    ReplyDelete
  13. "A life that deprives me of that illusionary opportunity.." ... nice line !

    ReplyDelete
  14. @naina ThankYou!!

    God Bless Thee :)

    ReplyDelete